Thursday, November 09, 2006

Several gestures you don't see regularly at Marvel:


Fury #1, "1: Be Careful What You Wish For"; Written by Garth Ennis, pencils by Darrick Robertson, inks by Jimmy Palmiotti.

I've only read the first issue of the Boys so far, and was a little disappointed. It's a well made comic, done by two creators whose work I enjoy; but I just didn't love it. Was it because it's unrelentingly mean-spirited? No, that wasn't quite it. For me, it just might be because they've already covered a lot of this ground, and they nailed it with their first Fury miniseries.

Supposedly, at one point there was a Nick Fury movie in the works. A movie movie, not a made for TV one. Also supposedly, George Clooney was 'attached' or interested in playing Fury; but then he read this series, and bagged out. Specifically, the scene where an aggravated Fury orders himself a half-dozen Asian hookers. ("Blondes! No! Asians!")

Whether this is true or not, I now hate George Clooney. Consider yourself off the Christmas card list, franchise wrecker.

My family's here and the furnace was out most of the day. So far this year, my basement has flooded, the drier and the oven both went the way of the dinosaur. So more Fury tomorrow. Barring disaster.

2 comments:

SallyP said...

Heh heh. I have this, and actually liked it a lot. But boy howdy, you are having some trouble with your house. Isn't it annoying how it all seems to mushroom sometimes?

Anonymous said...

acne cure

Here's some useful info on acne cure which you might be looking for. The url is:
http://www.acnetreatment1.com/