Saturday, June 23, 2007

Make your own crossover! (Not to scale.)
From the Youngest's collection.

Oh, thank goodness, a meme: Thanks to the Fortress Keeper of Fortress of Fortitude, 'cause I kinda needed a softball to wrap up this week!

First, I guess we have to post these rules before giving you the facts.
Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
At the end of the post, I'm supposed to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. (Good luck. Do I even know eight people anymore? I keep telling you, I'm as antisocial as a troll anymore.)
Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

All right, let's make with the facts:

1. I've never seen any of the Godfather movies. Don't really plan to, either: when am I gonna have like 10 uninterrupted hours to kill? I probably should watch it, the same way I watched Citizen Kane just to get the references.

2. Although I got pretty close to finishing my psych degree, I never graduated college. What I ever thought I would do with a psych degree is open to debate.

3. Even though we had met briefly, more than once, before; my first 'date' with my future wife was moving her into her new house. Turned out pretty well...

4. As a teenager, I worked two summers at a barbecue place, carrying a sandwich board sign, for eight hours a day. The job had less 'street cred' than wearing a Grimace suit at McDonald's, but it was free grub, great pay, and my legs are still monstrous.

5. My mom was a first grade teacher, and my dad retired as a school superintendent. However, he was principal of the junior high I went to. That was a fun three years...we get along a lot better now. When my parents retired, I took my wife and son on a walking tour of my hometown. That took 15 minutes...to be fair, it might've taken longer if I hadn't cleaned it up a bit.

6. I usually bike to work, partly because I'm too cheap to pay for gas, partly because I enjoy the exercise and feeling superior to drivers, and largely because I'm terrified of getting fat.

7. During college, I was the last remaining lease-signee of a house I rented with some friends. I ended up having 15 different roommates over two years, which I assure you is less due to me than to the flophouse nature of making rent. Ah, good times. Good, blurry, hazy, miserable, times.

8. I have a pretty good speaking voice, and at least once a day I answer the phone and someone thinks I'm a machine. Now if I could just beep on cue.

Thanks to the Keeper, and have a good rest of the weekend! If anyone wants to 'tag' themselves, hell, let me know.

1 comment:

Jake said...

I'm considering myself tagged.