Friday, September 12, 2008

Man, Superhero Squad figures can be weird sometimes.
I got this two-pack the other day, and while I do like the style of these little figures, it's kind of rare for me to pay full price for them. Still, I've only seen the one set of these two, that I bought, so I'm glad I didn't wait around. I've had something in mind involving these, but I was thinking about getting an Indiana Jones one first; and the upcoming G.I. Joe ones look pretty nice as well.

It may seem odd to some that a mass-murdering psychopath and a mercenary nutjob are being immortalized in plastic toys for little, little kids; but outside of the context of the comics, they can be whatever imagination wants them to be. That, and these figures are primarily purchased by pre-existing fans of the characters, i.e. grown-ups. (In retrospect, that seems kind of obvious: not a lot of five-year-olds take themselves to the toy stores...)

And of course, I already have the Nightcrawler Superhero Squad figure. Plans are unfolding. Heh-heh-heh...

Guff, busy week! We'll see if I can keep up the pace next week!

2 comments:

Marc Burkhardt said...

That's almost as cute as the two Lego Batmen engaged in a kung-fu battle.

SallyP said...

That's a rather odd combination!