Monday, November 10, 2008

This would be an example of a presidential handoff, not done well.
'Ah, nobody move, I lost a lens.'
Good advice though. I re-read Alfred Bester's The Demolished Man during my blogging downtime, and it's important to remember that you were happy, and you can be again, no matter what the current situation looks like. No, I'm not talking politics there.

From Doom 2099 #35, "To Bring You My Love" Written by Warren Ellis, pencils by Steve Pugh, inks by Scott Koblish. Doom's presidency has more than gone off the rails by this point, it's also caught fire and sinking. The citizens of Doom's beloved Latveria are dead, a gamma bomb has gone off in California, his minister of Punishment Jake Gallows (the Punisher 2099, who's book was just about to end) is being hunted like a dog, and the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents he recently commanded are hunting Doom himself down. And yet, his approval rating is still higher than Bush's. (Ba-dum-bum!)

While I loved Ellis' run on this book, I don't know if he quite nailed Doom's speech, though. Not grandiose enough, although he doesn't get a lot of dialog this issue, so maybe I'm misremembering there. As soon as I find it, though, we'll have another Ellis book that I had no idea he had ever worked on...I may just have to buy another damn copy, though.

New homemade strips start tomorrow. Be there!

No comments: