Thursday, December 18, 2008

Well, I found Strontium Dog #1, but in the Quality series reprinting the old British series, the first issue isn't SD's first appearance. I think they had that in their reprint 2000 AD mag or something. I did take a second to glance at 2000 AD Online (and take a second to check it out now: I liked the Christmas cover for their Judge Dredd Megazine, reminiscent of the classic Brian Bolland covers) to see if they had any Strontium Dog reprints. No, through ClickWheel they had "only" three years worth of available "progs," weekly issues, to buy. I say "only" since 2000 AD's over 30 years old...also, since I grew up with the Quality/Fleetwood reprints, I have no idea on the prog numbering for anything. I'm sure British fans can speak glowingly of the stellar run of progs 743-812, but I can't. Sorry.

On the other hand, Strontium Dog #1 did feature a three-page story, probably a "Future Shock" although this one isn't labeled as such, from little Alan Moore, age 12. I'm joking, but even though I don't think I've seen them all, it seems like he did these forever. Art by John Higgins, here's "Bounty Hunters."

You never see this in other books.  Like, Scarlett never screams, 'That's Zartan talk!' and blows Gung-Ho's head off...

"Captain? Did our ship always have so many teeth and organs?" And judging by page three, I would guess that's exactly why Mogo doesn't socialize...

No comments: