Thursday, May 14, 2009

Interesting tidbit: Alan Davis hates Hot Stuff. I guess.

(In the bottom right corner!)


Some readers may remember Alan Davis did a fair run on X-Men/Uncanny X-Men as writer--just prior to Chris Claremont's first return to the books--but I also seem to recall those issues as being strictly editorially controlled. I liked his stint, moreso than the prior or following regimes; but nowhere near as much as his return to drawing and writing Excalibur. The above panel is from Excalibur #65, "White Lies, Dark Truths" with inks by Mark Farmer; and it's one of my favorite single issues ever.

Longer posts will be forthcoming, but I think the rest of this week is going to be spotty, sorry. On the other hand, I might get back into the comic shop today, so we'll see. Plus, it's vitally important (to me, anyway) to stay on the daily schedule, and there's a special Sunday post coming up soon: I have to build a set for that one, which seemed like a good idea at first...

No comments: