Monday, July 06, 2009

Breaking News: Jeff Goldblum not dead!

Man, if Goldblum dies between now and when I post this, that would suck...
In case you missed it, last week there was a batch of celebrity deaths either misreported or outright hoaxed on Twitter. Goldblum's alleged "death" from a fall in New Zealand, was picked up by the Australian media as confirmed by the New Zealand police. Goldblum later appeared on the Colbert Report to rebuke the story. With mixed results.

Goldblum, of course, is best known for starring in The Fly, Independence Day, and Jurassic Park; as well as for his multiple clashes with Mecha-Godzilla.
Hey, wait a minute...
I found that Jeff figure, from Trendmasters' 1996 ID4 line, in a yard sale on the fourth: if there's a better example of that happenstance I'm always on about, I'd love to see it. I also got Mecha-Godzilla there, and some random Beast Wars Transformers.

Wait, do those names all sound like farts? That wasn't intentional...really!
I liked that cartoon, but don't recognize these two; and they may or may not have even appeared on the show. They do look to be more or less complete, and transforming yard-sale rescues like them is like worry beads for me, something to fiddle with while watching TV or waiting for the kids. I need to set up another Transformers display sometime.

Lastly, I picked up this little orphan, and hopefully Diamondrock will forgive me a bit of snark:
D.R, if you have a domestic address and would like this fellow, let me know!A sadly capeless, weaponless, Azrael-Batman. I don't believe I've ever had one before, and I have a pretty good pile of Batmen. Still, I couldn't leave this poor guy behind. Not bad little hauls so far this summer!

3 comments:

Christian Zamora said...

It looks like the new trend for celebrities is to be dead, or not to be dead.

I really think people is looking for more stars to die. Like the Roman Cirque of the media.

Anyway, there's a few celebrities I wouldn't mind-- Hey, Mr. Bean!

SallyP said...

Poor Azrael. He looks so forlorn without his spiky things.

chiasaur11 said...

Lessee, that's K-9 and Ramulus, I think. Neither appeared on the show, both good guys.

They turn into a dog and a ram, respectively. Shocking, isn't it?