Friday, August 28, 2009

Found between the pages of The Best of H.P. Lovecraft:

I have a couple of bookmarks that I use all the time, that I can't find. But when I pulled The Best of H.P. Lovecraft: Bloodcurdling Tales of Horror and the Macabre off my bookshelf, I was surprised to find a number of things crammed into it: there was a boarding pass from 2005, for one thing. Then this:
A classic Toyfare "Big Shots" panel. In fact, I was kind of wondering if this one didn't predate Toyfare and came from Wizard instead.

Then, a newspaper clipping, sort of: it was part of the house ad for Transmetropolitan, probably also from Wizard. I like the idea of the Eskimo stands coming and going, since it reminds me to not give up hope that maybe some of these fast food "institutions" won't be here forever.

I always forget the ending of "The Shadow Over Innsmouth," even though I've read it more than once and saw that Dagon movie a while back. (The movie is a bit of a downer, and lacks the black humor of Re-Animator, which is probably why it wasn't as popular.) In the course of re-reading the book, though, I stuck more stuff in there that I'll find years later when I go back to it: the receipt for renewing my driver's license, for one. I wonder what I'll find in fifty years?

1 comment:

SallyP said...

Heh. The things you find when you aren't really looking.