Wednesday, December 22, 2010

This is why the Legion keeps 30+members around...



I got Validus's leg from eBay the other day; which not only completed the mighty Collect-and-Connect, but also added to the list of DCUC Teen Titans that I skipped buying. I didn't get Robin, Starfire, Cyborg, Beast Boy, Wonder Girl, and now Raven; so I passed on the core Wolfman/Perez group. I wouldn't have Kid Flash, if I hadn't picked him up for $2.80. The only other Titan that I think I do have is the new Blue Beetle, and he was a bargain purchase as well.

I also got Zatanna a week or two back; and just yesterday at Wal-Mart there were a ton of their exclusive DCUC Wave 14. Enough that I'm hoping for a markdown after Christmas, and I might end up with the Ultra-Humanite after all.

Validus stands really well, too: that was the last shot I set up on the weekend, and he's still holding those two! No sag on him! We may have to see if anyone can defeat him next Wednesday...also next week, for the last bit of the year, our second annual "The End" Week! We'll be checking out another pile of last issues, from books that wrapped everything up nicely, books that never had a chance, books that came back again and again, and books that you might not remember at all. How many last issues? As many as I can get finished!

2 comments:

Randy Jackson said...

One of my disappointments with the various animated versions of the Legion is that Validus frequently gets treated more like Hank Pym on a bender than an incredibly powerful and scary force. I mean, I love Bouncing Boy, but there's no way Validus gets taken out by Bouncing Boy.

Of course, a lot of this may have to do with the fact that my first Legion comic was the one where Validus killed Invisible Kid, so take it with a grain of salt.

SallyP said...

Sometimes boys, swinging a blunt instrument or shooting pointy sticks just isn't enough.