Thursday, June 30, 2011

This would get me to buy Marvel Universe figures again:


Over the last couple months, I've restrained from buying any 3 3/4 inch figures, like Star Wars, G.I. Joe, or Marvel Universe. Partly because I prefer the vaguely six-inch scale of Marvel Universe and DCUC, and partly to cheap out from buying the same characters multiple times. But, a couple of well-placed accessories would get me back on the Marvel Universe bandwagon...

This page is from Incredible Hercules #136, "Thorcules versus Hercuthor!" Written by Greg Pak and Fred Van Lente, pencils by Reilly Brown, inks by Nelson DeCastro. For reasons too complicated to go into, Hercules is disguised as Thor, which forces Thor to play along and dress up as Herc. The two face off in a match that "Thor" is supposed to lose, but it turns into a real fight in short order...maybe. Hilarity ensues.

Great issue, and one that would make a great comic two-pack for Thor and Hercules, if a couple of accessories were thrown in: alternate heads for "Thorcules" and "Hercuthor." Oh, and Mjolnir and Herc's mace, of course. (Despite appearances, both are using their traditional weapons, disguised...somehow.) The heads pop off the Marvel Universe figures I have, at the drop of a hat, and that would be a lot of fun.

2 comments:

SallyP said...

This has to be one of my favorite individual issues every. Especially the part where Thor complains about the draft he's feeling.

But gosh, action figures of this would be marvelous.

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Yeah a 2-pack of these guys would be nice, of course major, major interest would have to be shown for these to warrant said figures.

As a rule for myself, short of my old GI Joes and a few Transformers, I'm sticking to the 6 inch figures myself. If you're gonna' pay almost the same amount for the small versions, you might as well by the full-sized instead.
Of course that's just my opinion.

Have a good one!