Friday, January 10, 2014

A "Brightest Day" start to 2014:


There are multiple figures that I'm scrambling to get right now, like the new Marvel Legends Black Cat, AIM soldier, or Superior Spider-Man. All three of them look great, but I'm more than a little surprised I want Superior, since that "Doctor Octopus in Peter Parker's body" storyline is on the home stretch and I haven't read any of it. It just strikes me as hugely funny: thanks to the Youngest watching a ton of reruns, I imagine Superior Spidey having the same language and mannerisms as Dexter from Dexter's Labratory. "You are SSSSSsssSSTUUU-pid!"

That and I think Marvel is leaving money on the table by not bringing Peter Parker back as the Inferior Spider-Man. Oh, I can just picture it: with Doc Ock in the driver's seat, he finishes Peter's doctorate, pays off all his debt, gets a great apartment, calls his Aunt May every Sunday, and kicks butt as Spidey. Peter comes back, feels guilty about taking credit for work he didn't do, gets accused of plagiarism and loses his doctorate; maxes out his credit cards to buy webbing supplies, misses multiple occasions with his aunt, and probably gets beat up and his power turned off. It'd be great!

...wait, I was talking about something else. Anyway, my first figure for 2014 is from 2011--wait, can that be right? From Hastings, we've got the Brightest Day series 3 Jade. With free shipping, she was $6.52; a price point that makes you think "Eh, why not?" Haven't really figured out what, if anything to do with her yet besides fill crowd scenes.

2 comments:

SallyP said...

I think I am starting to lose it. I read all of Blackest Night and Brightest Day, and quite frankly, I don't even remember Jade being in it!

And for that she gets an action figure?

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

I gotta' agree with Sally on this one. Did Jade show up? I thnk she was cock-teased as one of the heroes/characters to be resurrected, but I honestly don't remember that happening, especially in the pages of Brightest Day.

Good find though for that price.
Oh Superior Super-Man...I gotta' admit, now that you mention it, It'd be cool to own one too. Especially skit-wise. Do you know when they're coming out?