Wednesday, October 29, 2014

"Callout."


With Wolverine "dead," Marvel seems to be pushing Sabretooth really, really hard: it's kinda like when Taco Bell has shrimp tacos. You're not sure why this is happening--the end of shrimp season? Some sort of die-off? Cleaning out the nation's freezer? But the Bell somehow presents it as a special event, and you know it was never meant to last, even if against all odds it somehow become really popular. I had Taco Bell the other day and was lamenting my beloved Beefy Crunch Burritos--the ones with the weird red Fritos that I don't think I've ever eaten outside of a burrito--which may explain today's metaphor. The why of it, anyway.

And now I'm hungry. Swell. Continued next week with an unexpected guest-star...that we've seen already.

3 comments:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

That's basically the reaction they should all have anytime anyone really popular like a Wolverine or Cap dies; everybody knows it won't last, so what's the point in boo hooing?
I say they should all treat it as a much needed and deserved vacation. It's not like there's any drama there anyways...

SallyP said...

Heh. The perfect reaction. And by the time Deadpool and Kurt get back from Space, well, I imagine that Wolverine will be alive again anyway!

CalvinPitt said...

Taco Bell sells shrimp tacos? I do occasionally enjoy shrimp, but I don't think I'm trusting seafood from Taco Bell.

Siryn basically had that reaction to her dad's death, didn't she? I always enjoyed that, even if it was later presented as her basically being in denial (understandably).