Friday, December 19, 2014

I'd call this a coping mechanism, but it's actually pretty close to normal, so...


Things are coming back to whatever normal is going to be around here (and thanks to everyone for the kind words!) just in time for me to leave for Montana for the weekend. Or "Christmas," since it falls on Thursday, and I still have to work on Friday. Sigh. Anyway, it's easier to go see the family and open some presents now; then to try and drive up Christmas Eve and back Christmas.

Still, after having lunch with my sons yesterday, we made it to Hastings and the NECA/Warner Brothers Batman '89 Blu-Ray and figure combo was waiting for me. Glad to get that without postage, although is the Blu-Ray the fanciest of fancy-pants editions? Ah, it's probably good enough. I do want to give Bats a good soak in hot water before trying the joints, and don't have time for that yet. I also found a good pile of DC's recent Future's End event, with their lenticular (it's a word, spellcheck!) covers. Fancy!...sure to make up for any lost DVD fanciness, then. For ninety-nine cents each (rather than the $3.99 cover) I'm willing to give them a shot; although so far...

It's not that they're bad, but the event is set five years in the future, and apparently after wars and disasters and death, several heroes are now outright villains now, and no one seems to like anyone else anymore. Teams, couples, partnerships; all broken up. Which isn't that surprising, since just about everyone seems like a humorless dick. At best. The DC Universe is kind of a glum place these days. And yet, after picking up ten of these on the cheap, I'm wondering how many of the rest I can get. It's a problem. Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

SallyP said...

The DC Universe IS a totally humorless and glum place nowadays.

*sigh*