Friday, May 01, 2015

The Hodge and the Podge:

Hmm, I've used that title before, but so what. Here's another pile of random for this week:

Anyway, I went to California a couple weeks ago, to see my folks' new condo, and go to Disneyland and Legoland with the wife and kids. We didn't do a ton of rides at Legoland, but the Oldest and I tried out the Knights Tournament, which is like riding a paint mixer. It is hilarious. We both had to take our piercings out before riding, which we thought was dumb at the time...Disneyland was somewhat trying, since it was crowded, the Wife had her heart set on the Marvel exhibit and the petting zoo and they were both closed, and the Youngest steadfastly refused to ride Splash Mountain. Still, a mostly good time was had by all eventually; and I got this picture of the Youngest and I on Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters, some seven and a half years from the last time!
As they say, give him one gun and he's Superman, but give him two...
The Wife beat me by a few thousand, but it was close!

I did buy a Lego Exo-Suit at the Lego store outside Disneyland; that was a fun build. Love the classic Space astronauts. Have a small pile of them, and a story I'd love to do with them if I was willing to sink so much time and money into Legos...

I'm not reading any DC comics regularly, but I still buy oddball DC items all the time. Earlier this week, I bought the Justice League: War DVD--based on a bunch of comics I haven't read--and yesterday a pack of Forever Evil chibis--also based on a bunch of comics I haven't read. Actually, the chibis are fairly clever repaints; but I was hoping to get Yellow Lantern Batman instead of Owlman there.

The chibis were $3.99 a pack, so I don't know if I'll go nuts and get the lot, though.

I did read a small pile of books while I was on vacation, but I finished Tom De Haven's novel It's Superman before I left. Starting in 1935, it takes a few liberties with Superman canon (he gets an indestructible costume late, and from an unexpected source...) but the last few paragraphs alone made it worth reading for me: something about Clark and Lois I never thought of before. Worth picking up.

Got my tickets for Avengers: Age of Ultron Saturday morning, and will be hitting some stores for Free Comic Book Day after that! Looking forward to both!

2 comments:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Good luck and happy hunting man!
I'm doing the same tommorow as well.

Now with a universe that awesome, how could you not want to go there right?;)

SallyP said...

It does look as though you and your family are having a wonderful time!

Now...enjoy that movie!