Tuesday, February 06, 2018

I guess it's HIS headquarters now.


About a year ago, I got the Ultimate Batcave, which is still taking up a lot of space in my room. Then last week, I got the palette-swap version, the Justice League Ultimate Justice Battleground playset! For even cheaper than the Batcave--I can be really cheap sometimes.

Still, I hadn't bought any of the Justice League movie figures, since I already had recent Mattel versions of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and even Aquaman. Neither Flash nor Cyborg really jumped out at me, and the Collect-n-Connect of Steppenwolf was on the bland side. I did get Mera for cheap on Amazon, though; then uncharacteristically sprung full price for this fellow, the Parademon! Both Mera and the Parademon have interesting textures, decent if somewhat monochromatic paint (lot of green!) and fair-to-middling articulation.

Instead of completely assembling the Ultimate Justice Battleground, this time I put together some of the floors to use as backgrounds by swapping them in and out. By the way, if you put the stickers on before assembling it, that'll be a lot easier.

There's also a cage and a good chunk of a building, that we may see somewhere else later. I know I've shot one strip with one of these as the background already, so it's pretty much paid for itself already!

2 comments:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Sweet! You know, I don't hate that Paradaemon figure. Despite the obvious lack of articulation, the design and paint job really isn't all that bad, but then again when you're comparing the standards of DC Multiverse figures against Marvel Legend figures , I guess that's not really saying anything.

Looking forward to those skits man.

SallyP said...

I am continually in awe of your sets.